Friday 9 August 2013

less chemicals and less coinage...what's not to love?!

So as I have been travelling further along my journey in a life with less chemicals I have found and tried a few recipes now.  I guess the most important thing in this journey is to be open, to not expect the same results as the chemically laden products produce and that everyone's skin and body is different just like everyone's opinions and perspectives.  I believe there is no one right way or method and that is the beauty about being open and willing to try and discover new things in this world!

Anyway...so I have found a really great combo of face wash, toner and moisturiser.  I found all three recipes in different locations but together, for me and in my experience, they are a fantastic combo that my skin is just loving!!  I have sensitive skin on my face that does not enjoy harsh cleansers and I found these recipes gentle, refreshing and moisturising.
 

FACEWASH
 So for the face wash I found the recipe here and it is super easy to make and in my opinion yummy smelling.  My middle daughter however hates the smell but loves the way it makes her skin feel.  It goes against traditional thinking in that it has Olive Oil in it.  We are taught that oil on your skin will make you break out but my skin has never been clearer.  And after some reading I found that oils are really good for your skin and not the reason for breakouts - if you search this up you will find all the facts, I'm not so good on the remembering of these things but I know it was good.  It will leave your skin with a slight oily feel to it, not in a disturbing way but in a moisturising way....try it and you will see what I mean.  Now when I made the recipe I just used Manuka Honey (not the real expensive one) and for 'organic lemon juice' I used an actual lemon from the normal fruit and veggie section of your supermarket.  For the Liquid Castile Soap I use the Bronner Liquid Castile Soap (Almond) which I got from Binn Inn and the Vitamin E Oil I know you can get from your local health food shop but I didn't have any at home so used some Vitamin E Oil capsules and pierced them to get the oil out.  And for the essential oil I used lavender.  Super easy to make and easy on the wallet!!

Side note:  if I want to get my face really clean (like when I have been wearing makeup) I first wash my face with warm water and a splash of my baking soda body wash solution (1 Tbsp baking soda to 1 cup of water) then use the face wash above.  The baking soda mix really cleans like nothing else, it gets that make up really well and then the face wash brings the moisture back.



TONER
Now this is so refreshing for your skin and the recipe is found hereIt's just green tea, Witch Hazel and lavender essential oil.  Easy to make and goes a long way as you don't really use much of it.  I got the Witch Hazel from my local chemist - this may be frowned upon as I'm sure it's not the most organic version of it but I wanted to try the recipe first before committing more time and energy and probably more cash if I'm going to go organic on the Witch Hazel.  It's still got to be better than what I was using!!  Feels fantastic after you've used the face wash above.



MOISTURISER
I just love this moisturiser and found the base for my recipe here.  I have tweaked it a little and here is what I use...

5 Tbsp Olive Oil
3 Tbsp Coconut Oil - can get from Binn Inn or Trademe
1 Tbsp Cosmetic Grade Beewas pellets - can get from Trademe
1/2 cup boiled water
1/4 tsp Baking Soda
20 drops Lavender Essential Oil
few drops of Vitamin E Oil - can use capsules and pierce or get bottle of oil from health shop
20 drops of Tea Tree Oil

Follow the same process as the recipe site above (I use my whizz blender stick thingy) and it is just delicious for your skin!  It is greasy so I put it on at night nice and thick and it soaks in over night and then just a very light amount in the morning.  If you do a normal amount in the morning you will look very shiny and if you wear makeup it won't stay on your face long!  Don't let this put you off because if used at night your skin will be so beautiful in the morning you won't need much on at all, if any.  I use this as an all over body moisturiser too and it just makes my skin feel amazing and the fact that it is all natural makes it even better!




So there you have it, my new beauty regime trio that leaves my wallet sighing with relief and my skin content and happy!

Take care and till then, 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment