Tuesday 1 April 2014

tuesday treasures...



Now this Tuesday is a little less ho hum than most and that is because this Tuesday is my birthdays eve!  It seems that it doesn't matter how I old I get or what the number is that I am turning I still remain excited and delighted by my birthday.  It's a celebration not of the number you are turning but of the mere fact that you were born on this day, a celebration of your very existence.

Since having my own children and being privileged to be part of bringing a life into the world and in awe of the little miracles we all are, birthdays hold even more meaning for me.  Every time one of my children's birthdays comes around I am taken back to that moment in time when through a great deal of hard (and flipping painful) work they arrive to take their first breath and begin their journey and I am...blessed, grateful, in awe, speechless, touched to the core and in love!  It is these experiences that have given even more meaning to my own birthday where it was my Mum seeing me take my first breath to began my journey.  See, how can you not be excited about your birthday, the day you get to celebrate the day you began your journey on this earth?!

Anyway this is meant to be a post about treasures so I thought I would share with you one of the many blogs that I enjoy visiting - Attic 24.  You can find the blog here but the treasure I want to share with you I found on her post here and it is these absolutely beautiful mugs designed and made by her friend Caroline Rose.  Caroline Rose has an Etsy shop here and a facebook page here. She also does notebooks and artworks using mixed media collage and prints.  Her work is just so cute and colourful and I totally love it!!  In fact I have just ordered a red caravan mug and can't wait to receive it!

CR2

IMG_0667

Paper Birds -  A5 spiral bound notebook

Anyway hope your this brings a little cuteness to your Tuesday

Take care and till then


No comments:

Post a Comment