Thursday 27 March 2014

thankfulness thursdays...

OK so I'm a little geeky!  I admit it, I love alliteration!  Thankfulness thursdays and tuesday treasures...I just can't help myself...

Anyhoo, on my facebook page which is here I have started doing the #100happydays which is where for 100 days you post what made you happy that day or something along those lines and you make sure you include the hashtag in your post.  Then if you look up the #100happydays you will see daily posts from people from around the world who are also doing it, all at different stages in their 100 day journey and all completely different types of things.  I just love that it is a celebration of the happy in our worlds, taking the time to be thankful and appreciate the many blessings we all have.

So I thought every Thursday on here I will do a wee summary of my week of happiness.  I truly believe when you take the time to be thankful it makes your day that much brighter and the hard and ugly don't seem quite so big and consuming.  Now just to be clear even though I believe and know this to be true doesn't mean I remember to do it everyday!  Somedays thankful seems too hard and that's just the way life goes and what the journey is for.

My thankfulness happiness moments for the week...

{Day 1}  I just love mugs - this is my favourite little collection of mugs at home at the moment - my little cups of sunshine and happiness - who can be sad when drinking from these?!
Photo: OK I am accepting the challenge...#100happydays     

{Day 1}  My pretty mugs make me happy - it is impossible to be unhappy when drinking delicious coffee or peppermint tea from a pretty mug!   Little cups of sunshine - happy days

{Day 2}  Messages of love left at my work desk by my children when they have visited - feeling loved! PhotoPhoto

{Day 3}  Homemade tomato sauce is delicious and it makes it all worth while when only one lonely bottle sits left on the shelf only 3 weeks after making 6 bottles.
Photo: #100happydays

{Day 3}  It was such a satisfying experience making homemade tomato sauce for the first time in my life.  But what made my day happy today was to discover that from 6 bottles made, in a period of only 3 weeks we have devoured all but one lonely bottle left in the cupboard!!  Worth it - happy days

{Day 4}  Beautiful weather, lunch out with a friend and all on a Friday and then home to adventures to be had with this collection of beautiful!
Photo: #100happydays

{Day 4}  Beautiful weather today which added to the already brilliant fact that it was Friday and wear my jeans to work day. Then the cherry on top was lunch out with a friend and lots of interesting and inspiring conversation!! Great way to bring in the weekend and now I'm looking forward to creating.  Oooo the adventures to be had with this pile...you'll just have to wait and see...

{Day 5}  Creative mess is bliss!!
Photo: #100happydays

{Day 5}  This is bliss...when my room looks like this it means serious creativity is in progress...best way to spend a Saturday.  Creative mess - happy days

{Day 6}  Being super happy with the end result after spending time on a project - worth it!
Photo: #100happydays

{Day 6}  Happiness is when your projects turn out even better than you had hoped.  Time well spent - happy days

{Day 7}  Winter on it's way and looking forward to all the things that it brings - getting my knit on with some finger less gloves and a lace scarf.  Learnt to use circular needles when making the gloves and looking forward to making a cable hat with them too before it gets too cold.
Photo: #100happydays

{Day 7}  Winter is a coming and I must admit I'm looking forward to snuggling up and all the delicious things that come with the cold...pumpkin soup and scones, flannelette sheets and electric blankies, movie sessions with the kids on cold miserable days, hot coffee after the morning spent on the freezing sidelines at kids sports and the list goes on....so in anticipation of the coming cold I have learnt how to use the circular needles and made me some finger less gloves! So stoked to have learnt how to use circular needles...I refused to let them win.  I also have knitted myself a lace pattern scarf that I just love.  Next on the list is a cable patterned hat and some knitted slippers.  Knitted wares - happy days

{Day 8}  Free cute pattern at Sew Mama Sew by clicking here - another thing to add to the list of things to make.  Love finding cute things to make and even more when kind hearted people provide free patterns for all to use - kindness!
Photo: #100happydays

{Day 8}  Well I was sitting here on the couch, heat pump on and rainy and windy miserable weather outside, hanging with the family all doing our own things but together and pondering over what on earth I was going to do for my 'happy' thing today.  Not that I am unhappy with my day but I was feeling a little uninspired.  I scored some bigger computer screens at work which made me happy but pretty sure that wasn't going to cut the mustard in the happy stakes!!  Anyway,  I was perusing through some blogs and came across this cute as little bunny that has now been added to my never ending 'to make' list.  I'm in love!!  This was featured on Sew Mama Sew's blog and a full pattern and instructions are provided for FREE...just follow this link http://www.sewmamasew.com/2014/03/spring-bunny-tutorial/


{Day 9}  Kids art stitched as a keepsake - love it! Finally finished this picture from my nieces drawing and will be sending to my Dad for his wall of memories.
Photo: #100happydays

{Day 9}  Picked up some more hoops today and decided to finish a wee project I started ages ago.  One of my nieces drew a really cool picture of my Dad and I decided to stitch it and see how it turned out.  I love the way kids art looks when stitched!! So today I put it in a hoop and I will soon be sending it on it's way up to my Dad for his wall of memories.  Keepsakes & memories - happy days

So it's a little bit more of a week the first time round but just had to catch you up.

Feel free to follow me on Facebook at www.facebook.com/thereddeliciousjourney and hope you are enjoying your week so far.


Take care and till then






No comments:

Post a Comment