Thursday 13 November 2014

fabric love for xmas...

I am a self-confessed fabricaholic!

So it's not really surprising that back in 2010 I was immediately drawn to the idea of fabric present bags when I came across them on Soule Mama's blog here.  So many reasons as to why this is a fantastic idea but my top five are...

  1. they are made from fabric!  this means more choosing of fabric!!
  2. they are easy to make
  3. you can be as colourful and creative as you like
  4. no more expensive, waste of money, more waste for the rubbish wrapping paper!
  5. they can be given as part of the gift to others for the beginning of their stash

I also love that once I have finally got around to making these and satisfied my own desire to make them, the kiddies can get involved in the process too, designing and creating their own.

So just after reading Amanda's post, feeling inspired with a sense of urgency to get my fabric pressie bags made, I, of course, set about gathering supplies and then....they have sat in my cupboard for the last four years!

Well feeling inspired I have got those supplies out again to look over them and renew that sense of urgency as I am determined that I will get them made.  Now no promises that it will be by this xmas as I have a somewhat secret special birthday pressie that I am furiously working on to be finished in time for the recipient, not to mention I haven't even begun on my xmas preparations. 

Normally around August I am working out what I will be making for everyone for xmas and some years I have even started making by then.  I have 19 nieces and nephews and 3 children of my own so understandably it requires a great deal of organisation and preparation.  

Well this year has really put a spanner in the works with us moving islands in October.  All that packing and cleaning before and unpacking and more cleaning after as well as keeping on top of my full time job and being a Mum has left the xmas planning a little neglected.  I have now created my list and it will be an absolute miracle if I can get it all done in time meaning those longed for pressie bags will have to wait another year...*sigh*

I will instead leave you with photos of Soule Mama's beautiful fabric pressie bags that will go under her tree this year and photos of supplies that have the potential to be cute fabric pressie bags under our tree next year.

Check out Soule Mama's blog here, she is my fave!  I just love reading her posts and soaking in the inspiration.


Elf3 (1)



Elf3 (8)



Take care and till then...


No comments:

Post a Comment