Sunday 15 June 2014

dreaming of my craft supplies hub...



So I've talked about my longing and dream to one day have a craft supplies creative hub up and running, importing a diverse range of quality craft supplies unlike the range currently seen in New Zealand...it's a big dream and it will take a miracle but I'll keep moving in that direction in the hopes that dreams do come true!

One of my biggest frustrations about being a craft nut in New Zealand is the overall lack of supplies.  When you are looking up and learning from blogs, patterns and tutorials from around the world you find yourself not being able to find all the supplies here in our local shops.  My other frustration is that if we do have it here in NZ then you need to go to six different places to get all the supplies you need, wasting precious time that could be spent creating!  I would love to create a hub where if we didn't have the exact thing you were looking for we could look to get it in and if we couldn't get it in then at least we could point you in the right direction.  Like I said...big dream!

Anyway with my upcoming trip to New York (so excited I just can't believe it!) I am going to a wholesale trade show for craft and fabric supplies and I just can't wait.  Now I'm not yet ready to start importing as that would require capital and a whole lot of other things to be in place, but I am going to check it out and get some connections to be used hopefully in the future, to research, to plan and to dream!


I am hoping that I can eat cheaply enough along the way that I will have some cash to buy a few bits and pieces to bring back and experiment in selling online to start with.  Not sure how this is going to go but you have to try these things right?!  I just had another wee look around the show website and the excitement came back in abundance and I just am so looking forward to this experience.

2014_03_purl-soho.jpg.jpg

Craft Shops in Paris - one day!

I have seen a hanging for a wall that says to 'Never give up on something that you can't go a day without thinking about' and for me this is it - my creative hub and the many pieces to it.  It is always on my mind, ideas and thoughts throughout my day from all kinds of people and places.  And as far as the actual shop goes (which is just a part of the big dream)...I can see the shelves lining the walls filled with fabrics and craft supplies full of delicious texture and colour.  I can see the big working table for workshops and planning projects.  I can see the lighting, the wall colours, the counter, the signage...I can see it all and can't wait for the day this girl's dreams come true!

Take care and till then


No comments:

Post a Comment