Friday 13 June 2014

mmmmm knitting!



Now I am no knitting expert, rather a keen junior knitter who finds that the more she knits the more she loves to knit!

One amazing little treasure trove I have found on my journey is the Ravelry site which you can find here and there are just loads of knitting and crochet patterns on here.  And the best bit is that there are many many free ones too - I love a bargain and a free pattern.

A few years ago I found this cute as baby shoesie pattern through Ravelry called 'Saartje's Booties' and I have made them a few times and they are quick and easy to make and just soooo cute.  You can find the pattern here and its free even!

Well another little niece has arrived and I'm going back to the trustee little Saartje's Booties pattern.  I started with the pink one which is in 8ply and then thought before finishing the second pink one that I would try one in 4 ply to see how different it would be.  So I made the larger size in 4 ply and it's turned out smaller than the pink one but so much softer!  I was planning to crochet a little pink flower for the front of the grey ones to girlify them.  So now I have one of each...one of the many things to do this weekend is to make partners for these lonely shoes and get them to my gorgeous little niece before she out grows them!




Here's some images of other peoples Saartje's Booties...

Ladybugbooties3_small2Dsc_1573_small2

See what I mean...just sooo cute!

Take care and till then






No comments:

Post a Comment