Sunday 21 December 2014

almost there....


We are almost at the finish line and the red delicious house has been a hive of present making activity.  The eldest has gone 'making mad' and has spent most of her free time in the last 3 weeks shut away in her bedroom crafting up a storm.  She is done and dusted for the most part and now just making for the fun of it!  She has made at least two presents for every person in the house and just has a hold up on the finishing of Dad's pressie which requires Mum's help.  The youngest is organised, most presents wrapped and under the tree but also waiting on Mum to help her with the final piece for Dad's pressie and then she is done.  The middle has procrastinated until just yesterday when in a mad panic finally realised she only has four days of making left!  She had grand plans, elaborate intricate present ideas and I had to gently (at first and then firmly when she wouldn't listen!) remind her of the time she has left and the fact that I don't have time to rescue her on Christmas Eve!  She is always the 'aiming for the moon' kind of girl, which I adore, but when you are four days out from Christmas, with no cash for buying last minute gifts as a back up option it is a very frustrating quality for sure!  

And how am I going you ask....well I'm doing well considering the tight time frame.  I'm on target with the plan I worked out but I will admit I am wasted and so very much looking forward to Christmas Day when I can breathe a sigh of relief knowing I am done!  


So into the making that Christmas tree decorations are appearing from the eldest
Pencil cases and birdie tree decorations under way

Printed singlets finally done

Brewing up some tomato sauce

Just need the labels now
Skin food done and just needing labels
Cushion cover, bracelets, birdie tree decorations and pencil cases
A few batches of lip balm plus tried a new hand cream recipe

The pressies under the tree are growing and so far only the girls have finished gifts under the tree
The pile of things to do beside me on the couch tonight...so much to do and so little time!



















I probably won't post again until after Christmas as it's going to get a little crazy for me in the next few days so I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas break and enjoy some lovely relaxing family time and wish you all the best for the New Year ahead!

Take care and till then








No comments:

Post a Comment