Sunday 23 March 2014

hoops of fun

All week long I have had this idea brewing in my mind and I have been looking forward to this weekend when I knew I would have time to turn it into reality.  So yesterday a few hours were spent in my room running with those ideas and this is what it looks like in the process.  Cupboards are open with contents normally well hidden spewing out, draws are rummaged through and supplies are strewn over my bed as I decide which fabrics are going to be used and how I will use them - it is messy and chaotic but soooo much fun!!


I love when an idea is forming in my mind...how do I describe it...it's like my mind is preoccupied with this process, I still function and do my normal everyday life but every spare moment of time is spent thinking about what I want to do an how I am going to do it.  It's not usually a clear cut picture that I know straight away what I want at the end but rather a collection of colours, images, ideas and thoughts all fighting for attention.  It's a free flowing, living, breathing creative process and I love every bit of it!  For me it is almost intoxicating, it is something that is so part of who I am that it is as natural as breathing.

This doesn't mean I always have the energy for the actual doing of the project, many nights when I am tired from work and life I will spend my couple of hours before bed thinking and mulling over ideas.  Sometimes that is looking at pinterest or blogs and sometimes that is simply watching the good old telly with pen and paper at  the ready in case I think of something.  If I'm not feeling the creative vibe flowing then I don't force it, I have learnt over the years that when you force it, it never turns out, you don't enjoy it and it's just plain painful.  For me I have learnt that I just have to go with the flow of it, embracing the intense creative journey when I feel it and letting it rest when I don't.

So after some fun spent embracing the process yesterday here are my finished products...the teapot one isn't in a hoop because I ran out of them but rest assured it is on my to do list tomorrow to pick up some on the way home!  The ideas for these little pieces of hoop art are endless...


 


  Who doesn't love little foxes?

I actually tried this with full sunglasses on too which also looked good.

I think teapots are just so cute and can't wait to frame this little one up in a hoop!

This 'smile' idea I have been wanting to use on a cushion for our lounge and will do soon but for now I thought I would try it in a hoop and pretty pleased with it.

I just love mugs so thought it fitting and the 'love' one I have actually painted onto a little white teacup I own and use it for my jewelry for now so thought I would try it in a hoop.




Anyway I hope you have had a lovely weekend whatever your journey.

Take care and till then







No comments:

Post a Comment