Tuesday 25 March 2014

tuesday treasures...

ooooo so many treasures out there to share with you....so many things I just love, that I want to buy and that inspire me!  So many creative people out there it blows my mind.

I'm going to stay close to home today and tell you about my two super talented sisters - Jody Percy and Emma Gregory.

Jody is a photographer and in my personal opinion she is freakin' legendary but it doesn't stop there - she's amazing at creating and making many of her props and costumes too.  She'll scour the op shops looking for treasures then comes home and works them into pieces of art.  I think she's amazingly talented and creative and she inspires me to always push the boundaries and try new things.  She is self-taught and is so passionate and dedicated to her art and I admire her greatly.  You can follow her on facebook here and below is a wee snippet of some of her work...







Emma is an artist and illustrator and in my personal opinion freakin' awesome!  Not only is she amazing at art works like shown below but even her doodles are amazing.  My kids get the best birthday cards from their Aunty Emma, they are pieces of art in themselves and kept every year.  She also runs art classes for preschoolers helping them to discover the creative inside which I really admire.  She is passionate about artistic expression and inspires me to find the freedom in my own style.  You can follow her on facebook here  and below is a wee snippet of some of her work...

Photo: Kārearea. Coloured pencil, A3. First in a series of 10 x


And not only are they both artistic and talented in their own rights but they are both funny, kind, caring, generous, thoughtful and fun to hang out with and I am so thankful to call them sisters!

Hope this helped to bring some magical inspiration to an otherwise ordinary Tuesday.

Take care and till then



No comments:

Post a Comment